Sheep Shares Members Lamb Visit Open House – Rain Date

Cormo lamb in dooryard

What a tough call. I waited right up until 9 this morning to decide to postpone our Sheep Shares Members Lamb Visit Open House, although the outlook was bleak from the start. After waking at 6 a.m., sipping coffee to the sound of a torrential downpour and comparing the local news to the weather channel, I gathered we were in for a rocky day, weather-wise. By 8 there were rumbles of thunder. The hour by hour forecast on the Weather Channel showed scattered storms throughout the day. After the severity of the storm just over a week ago, I decided against chancing it. Which was a sure-fire way to guarantee that we'd a have a fairly decent day here after all – though we are still on thunderstorm and tornado watch this evening. Looking outside my window now, the sky is murky grey with scattered ghosts of pink clouds. 

Sometimes living in New England drives me nuts. In winter, everything hinges on whether or not we'll get clobbered by the next big storm. The outdoor plans we attempt to make during our all too brief summer are at the mercy of random thunderstorms. My brother tells me southern California is nice, but I'm not sure how well my sheep would like it there : )

The lambs and I missed seeing everyone. And Holly sure did work hard to clean up the barn for company. So we've rescheduled our Sheep Shares members Lamb Visit for Sunday, June 27th, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. I'm hoping that everyone who had planned to join us today can make it and that maybe the new date will be better for those of you who had wanted to attend today but couldn't. We'll look forward to seeing as many of you who can attend  - so please let me know if you can join us!

And in case you haven't heard, I've picked up our Summer Yarn and Fiber Shares from the mill – and will have dyed swatches for your perusal soon!